What are my options if I don’t do my farm work?

Extending Working Holiday Visa

In order to obtain a second working holiday visa, working holiday makers need to undertake 88 days of relevant rural work. It is commonly known by backpackers as completing your 3 months of farm work.

However, lets be honest, no one wants to do the rural work. You have to travel to a regional location and work physically demanding jobs for low pay. It is common for backpackers to either run out of time to complete the farm work or simply choosing not to go running. Some unlucky backpackers even find out that the rural work they have done is not valid.

Unfortunately if you don’t complete the required work, there is no way to obtain the second working holiday visa. That ship has sailed. Although there may be some other visa options for you.