Pass a Skills Assessment

The Skills Assessment

The Skills assessment will measure your – Education, Work experience, English level etc.. The skills assessment is done by an assessing body. Different professions are assessed by different assessing bodies.

Below is a brief overview of some of the most common requirements that are needed to pass a skills assessment in several professions. This list if by no means everything you will need, but rather a brief overview of common requirements. For more information contact the Skills Assessor directly. For a full list of the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List  – All profession have the Assessing Authority next to it.

Please note – This article is not meant to be a full outline of what is required, but rather a link on where to find the best info. To ensure you are eligible to pass a skills assessment always consult with the relevant assessing authority. Applicants will also need to pass a points test, obtain a positive skills assessment and meet the other eligibility requirements, to be able to apply for general skilled migration.



Check out the skills assessment requirements for the following professions.


Skills Assessor: Engineers Australia


Skills Assessor: ANMAC


Skills Assessor: CPA/IPA


Skills Assessor: AITSL


Skills Assessor: Trades Recognition Austral


4 year Bachelor Degree minimum

Work Experience:

No set years of experience required. Although it may be difficult without work experience to demonstrate the competencies by referring to your undergraduate professional engineering qualifications and the project/work experience elements of your academic study

English Level:

Band 6 or above in all 4 modules of academic or general IELTS (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking). Alternative English Tests will not be accepted.

The following applicants may be exempted from the requirement for IELTS:

  1. applicants who are native English speakers;
  2. applicants who have successfully completed an Australian engineering qualification or a 2 years Masters degree or PhD level program at an Australian university.